Monday, March 4, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Week 4!

Outside my window....the sun is starting it's retreat behind the hills. Dusk is falling and the sky is grey.  I see my youngest four running around the front yard with the dogs waiting to be called inside.

I am thinking....about how the Coconut Pound Cake that Johnston cooked today is going to taste.  I have never tasted pound cake...let alone coconut pound cake.  Since today is National Pound Cake Day we thought this would be a fun thing to try.

I am thankful....for a loving husband who came home from work today and went right to work here at our home.  He fixed two toilets, made the kids a basketball playing area, and moved the shed to a new spot.  I am blessed!

In the kitchen....the smell of freshly baked pound cake is hard to resist!  The room is warm still from the oven and dinner (homemade refried bean burritoes fully loaded and Spanish rice) is almost ready for a very hungry crowd.

I am wearing...black capris and a green/white tshirt.  Comfy all the way!

I am creating...a list of the scripture verses we are working on memorizing.  We haven't set a date yet, but probably at the end of March...possibly a Friday night...we will be having a Bible Scripture challenge.   One of the little Jeffries asked if I would make a list of verses for them to memorize and so I am.

I am going...to take the kids to try out the YMCA homeschool P.E. class this Thursday.  A few families we know have been going and have given us great reviews.  The kids have shown interest in trying it out so we will be going out Thursdays instead of Friday this week. Looking forward to trying it out!

I am wondering....if Tim will have a long weekend or not.  Hoping for the long weekend.

I am reading... "Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie O'Martian, "Crazy Love" by Frances Chan, and "In Grandma's Attic" by Arleta Richardson (with the kids).

I am hoping...to have a date with Johnston Thursday night! :)

I am looking forward to...date night tonight with my hubby!!!!  Monday night date night with my man is a great way to start my week!

I am learning....how to be even more understanding of my son who has been diagnosed somewhere on the (Aspergers/Autism) spectrum with a sideboard of other things.  This past weekend he made a mistake that could have badly hurt or possibly killed one of our little kids, but I am so thankful it was myself who ended up dealing with the pain of his mistake.  Of course I would have gladly skipped the experience.  ;)  FYI: Drinking bleach water is not good for you!!!  Pain...lots of pain....will follow!

Around the house...nothing much is going on.  Might get a few shelves put up above our computer table in the school room this week.  This will allow us to put up almost all of our reading books!!!  This will be a nice addition and will clear up my much needed school material shelves.

I am pondering...still...about chickens and our garden.  Tons to think about, research, pray about, research, talk about, research!

A favorite quote for today..."Loving you is as easy as breathing."

One of my favorite things...watching my daughters hanging out together.  As they grow older they are growing closer.  I love hearing them talk about outside relationships, boys, ministry, prayer, the Bible, their futures.  It is truly beautiful to watch.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Tuesday: School, starting our Easter lapbook, playing a round of cards...it's been to long!
Wednesday: School, ?
Thursday: School, homeschool P.E., library, shopping, Justice's T.A.P.P group, Morgan/Tim date night, Johnston/Me date night
Friday: Planned field trip day with daddy and friends, Jeffries Gang fun night!

A peek into my day...

 Johnston and the coconut pound cake he made!

 Please follow this link TSWD if you would like to read other daybooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment