Saturday, March 9, 2013

National Picnic Day 2013!

Today we celebrated National Picnic Day 2013.  Did you know it was National Picnic Day?  Well, it was and it was a B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L day to have a picnic.  We met up with Tim's sister, Kristin, her family, and his mom, Jean.  Did I mention how beautiful it was today?


We met at this specific park because it is the only one with a merry-go-round (that I know of) and the kids LOVE the merry-go-round.  They can spend hours on it....without throwing up mind you! :)  Love the merry-go-round!!!!


The kids took a quick break for lunch, but not to long.  Couldn't waste any time on food when the merry-go-round was just right there...sitting forlornly waiting for them to return.  They went straight back to the merry-go-round...right after eating.  I thought about telling them the rule about not swimming after eating...I figured there had to be a rule about no merry-go-rounds after eating...makes sense right?  Well, I didn't say anything out loud...but I did think it for a few seconds.  I sure would have been right back on that thing as a kid...I probably would have taken the food ON the merry-go-round.  :)  That was back when I had a stomach of steal and could handle the constant round - round - round - round....bleh...making me dizzy just thinking about it.


I love watching my kids having fun!  Hearing them laughing, and watching them just enjoying themselves and each other.  When I was playing around with this photo tonight I saw the little boy in the baseball field and when I pulled it in tighter he was looking so cutely at the kids on the merry-go-round.  I thought it was precious.  I could just imagine him wishing to be on that merry-go-round with the kids.


 The kids even coerced Tim to join them again after lunch.  See...Jameson there on the right "coercing" him.  ;)  Nah....he was already on his way....Jameson was just helping him along.  Becca was singing the ditty..."Hurry up daddy, hurry up *clap clap* Hurry up daddy, hurry up *stomp stomp*".  This made him walk just a little slower which made her sing a little louder laughing all the way.  :)


Just to add a little more flare Tim laid down instead of pushing the merry-go-round...he said he needed a nap....haha!


The kids were kinda disappointed in the man for a few minutes there.  Johnston and Jensen jumped right in taking charge as they are known to do being take charge kinda boys.


 


He did get up and push them without getting a nap after all.  The kids were very happy....very, very happy!


I have an amazing mother-in-law whom my children absolutely love SO much.  It is not hard to love her...she is awesome...she is an amazing woman.  I love that my kiddos have a great relationship with our parents.  I never knew my grandparents very well....if at all.  It has always been so important to us that our children know our parents as much as we could make possible.  Davidson slipped in a conversation with her while Jameson was jumping around.  I'm so thankful for such a wonderful mother-in-law.


Holly and Hannah got on the swings facing each other so they could talk, laugh, and giggle as they swung back and forth in their own little world.  I thought it was so cute watching them just chatting away.

 Beautiful girls!


Looking forward to National Picnic Day 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment