Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday Night = Date Night!

Today was back to school after a three week break from book work.  We did fun school stuff up until the Thursday before Christmas, and since we were going to Florida we pretty much packed it all away until after the New Year. We did not anticipate one of the kiddos contacting the sickies that had been going around and we had up until that moment avoided.  Well, we took it on our vacation and it did it's damage while we were there. Everyone (minus Justice, Becca, Johnston and myself) including my parents came down with this very yucky bug.  Jameson ran fevers up to 105.  It was not nice.  When my parents woke up Thursday morning and went to the doctor because they were not feeling well I knew I had to pack up my crew and bring them home.  I figured up until this time I was the only driver and if I were to get sick we would all be there sick...together. So I rallied the gang and we were on the rode within three hours, home in our own beds that night.  We were all so happy to be in our own beds.  There is just something so nice about the comfort of your own bed when you are sick.  It turned out that I had made the perfect choice, because Friday Becca and Justice woke up sick.  It was quite a holiday season, BUT we were together and we had so much fun.  Tim was off until January 2nd so we had five days at home together literally in our pajamas watching movies and playing games with a comfy fire.  It was wonderful!

Holly got a new baby ~ Bella Noelle (All her other babies are missing hands and feed thanks to Becca's dog Thumbalina!) So Holly was super excited to get a new baby girl! Someone asked me about the clothes that our girls baby dolls wear and how lifelike they are.  Well, the secret to that is they are real baby clothing from either any store that has them on clearance for a steal or thrift stores in good shape.  This onsie (size newborn) I got on clearance after Christmas last year for $1 from Walmart.  I like that they are washable, durable, and cute!  We make sure to get babies that are big enough to wear the Preemie/Newborn sizes. The girls also have a real infant car seat, stroller, bottles and diaper bag.  We actually spend less on the real items then the doll items...and they love it!

Davidson has been collecting these Imaginex dinosaurs for the past two years.  For Christmas he got the large Trex.  He was so excited.  There are only a one or two more dinosaurs to the set and he will be done with this collection.  He sure loves dinosaurs!

I got of topic...I was talking about how we started back to school today.  I gave the kids the rest of last week of for extra time to get feeling 100% better.  So we really just played a ton of new games the kids received for Christmas.  Today everyone got right in and got their work done.  Morgan and I were able to run into town to get the weeks groceries.  Always fun to shop with my Mo.  The cashier was shocked at how much food (healthy food) we got for so little. As a little reward we went and had a small Orange Julius at Dairy Queen.   

When we got home I found out that Becca has been a busy blessing.  She cleaned my room, changed my sheets and all, cleaned my bathroom and got everything set up for Tim and I to have a "date in the bedroom".  The older kids ended up getting the little kids to bed on time, cooked Tim and I dinner and served us dinner in bed. They ate dinner and played games together while Tim and I enjoyed four hours of complete alone time.  We had time to order the flooring for the school room project, talk about a few things we had been needing to discuss, snuggled and watched two episodes of a new series on Netflix.  It was so nice.  The kids enjoyed doing this for us just as much as we ourselves enjoyed having it done for us.   We have heard rumors that it might happen again in a couple weeks.  I look forward to finding out!

 Blessed and enjoying 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment