Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wild Wednesday!

Today was WILD!  Driving a 15 passenger van means we need to try and save our gas and not just be plain ole wasteful by running around just because we wanna get out of the house.  So I've been trying to do my part by keeping our trips to town down to one trip.  I've chosen Wednesday since we have to be in town for church.

Today started earlier then normal with a dentist appointment at 10am for Johnston and Jameson which meant we had to leave by 9:30.  Got there nice and early.  They were really busy so the boys were in the back from 10 until noon!  Praise the Lord for helping me with patience.  Good news is the kids got almost all their "paperwork" schooling done while we waited for the boys.  Finally around 12:30 the boys were released from the dentist's chairs and pronounced...cavity free!!!!  I'm so proud of them.  Good job brushing guys!

Our next appointment was the kids counseling session at 1pm.  We pulled into the parking lot at 12:55 and no one was there.  Hmmm....still confused on that.  We waited around just to make sure the kids counselor wasn't just grabbing lunch or something.  He never showed up so we went on our way.

Next on our list of errands was to run to the library to drop off books and get new ones.  Another errand off of our weekly list.  We didn't do more then stay a few minutes this week.  No children browsing at their leisure....we were in a hurry to our next outing...the park!

With extra time on our hands...like three hours....we headed to a park that we love to hang out at. I had thought ahead and packed a picnic lunch and extra snacks so I wouldn't have to buy lunch out.  It was such gorgeous weather....perfect park weather!  The kids played and played and played! 
 Jameson Joe my amazing gift from God!
Holly, Johnston, and Jensen playing some sort of lava game!
My beautiful Becca!
Davidson and Max swinging.  They loved swinging high and jumping off!
Holly loves to climb on stuff!
"The tunnel is swallowing me!"
50% Sweet, 50% Sassy, 100% Perfect!
Not exactly sure what was happening in this picture.  Johnston looks like he is playing dead and Johnston is in deep thought.
Jameson crossing the turning bridge!
Johnston ~ a cavity free smile!!!!
Morgan was trying to finish up a cross stitched book mark for her friend Rachel.

After the park we headed to Aldi's.  I can't tell you how extremely excited I am that we have an Aldi's in town now.  Such excitement...extreme excitement!  Morgan and I ran in to check out the newly opened Aldi's.  Bliss...it was bliss I tell you.  We were in and out for a little over $60 for the week of groceries. (We had to pick up a few items from Walmart that Aldi's didn't carry, but not much)  I picked up fresh Strawberries which the kids are still eating on thanks to my amazing Tupperware that is keeping it fresh longer.  We will definitely be going back.  Morgan was just as excited as I was!!!!

Since we were waiting for Tim to meet us for dinner I still had time to spare so I ran Justice to get his hair cut.  He was way past due for a cut...not a trim...but a good cut was needed.  His curls were  bugging him!  Why is it that the boys can sometimes have the most beautiful curls yet they want them cut off?  Well, Justice is one of these boys.  He has tightly curled hair mixed with loose curls...just beautiful.  Instead he likes to keep his short and in the fohawk style!  So his hair is now back to manageable and he is happy once again.

While Justice was thus busy Morgan took Jameson into the $ Store and he got to pick out a toy for having no cavities!  (Johnston received a Star Wars action figure that I had purchased long ago at Ross)
Jameson showing me his toy and beautiful cavity free smile!

We finally made it to Stevie B's for a dinner.  It was a fun treat!  We usually like to go to Stevie B's on Tuesday's because it's $1 night for all the middles and littles which rocks for us.  Plus with coupons and such we usually can all eat for under $30 which for a family our size is a sweet deal. So it was a real treat for us to go on a Wednesday instead!
The kids always get their own booth! 
There was a basketball game on the TVs so the kids were watching.
 The littles LOVE Stevie B's!
Jameson is just crazy!

Tim dropped the middles and littles off at the main campus for church and he took the oldies to the first night of the Solutions conference.  Tim and the kids had a wonderful night.  I am so glad they had this opportunity. I love seeing the growth and maturity in Justice and Morgan as they seek God more and more.  The desire in their hearts to follow Him and do what He asks of them.  They are two wondeful teenagers!

Today was a wild day I tell you.  I am so tired.  Home now, kids all tucked in, Tim, the oldies and I are all in our pjs and chilling out for a bit before we go to bed! Tomorrow will be a low key probably pajama day around here!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment