Monday, March 21, 2011

Magical Monday!

Today started looking a little overcast, but it cleared up and was beautiful outside weather once again!  The kids were motivated to get school done, so done we got it!  While the older ones were getting their school work done, Jameson and Holland were playing Go Fish together.  They play together during school each day and they are so much fun to listen to sometimes!
 (Jameson and Holland playing Go Fish.  Davidson was finishing up his Math and Jensen was working on a letter to a penpal in Idaho!)
(They asked Johnston to play one game with them!)

After a quick lunch and short quiet time the kids escaped outside to play the afternoon and evening away.  Tim is out of town working so I figured it would be a great day to eat a simple dinner picnic outside.  The kids were very happy to have more time out there so it was a win-win for us all.  The kids got to play for an extra hour and I didn't have as big a mess to clean up tonight in the kitchen tonight!!!
(Becca being Becca!)
(By the end of the day Jensen had taught himself to flip upside down and swing by his knees!)
(Who cannot be joyful with these three around?)

It's nice having the swings for the little ones to play on so the older ones can be as wild as they want on the tire swing that Tim put up a while back.  Tim found a tractor tire on the side of the road where he was working and loaded it up.  He put it up for the kids for Valentine's Day!  It was the BEST gift ever...the gift that keeps giving!!!  It is so big that 8 of our children have piled on it at one time!
(Davidson tying rope to the swing for some wild experiment he thought up!)
(Max being a goofball!)
(This tire swing is much loved!)

With the extra time outside the littles didn't get to bed on time, but that's okay.  Since Tim is out of town I let the middles stay up.  We played Hand and Foot, listened to music, and drank yummy smoothies!  Johnston who doesn't like playing cards played with Legos instead.  He grabbed my camera and took oodles of pictures of the kids dancing around, making funny faces and just loving being together! I love my life...I truly truly do.

~Blessings!


1 comment:

  1. I am going to warn you now... I can NOT watch the kids play on the playground... After seeing the picture of Becca I know I would have a heart attack!
    I dont know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete