Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A friendly visit!

Last month my wonderful friend Elizabeth and her sister Kathy came all the way from Vegas to visit me and the family.  They spoiled me ROTTEN!  Oh my did they.
(My amazing friend/sister in the Lord ~ Elizabeth)
(The wonderfully funny and amazing Kathy! I truly enjoyed getting to know her!!!)
Tim gave me the entire weekend off from any and all duties.  So I stayed in Alpharetta with them at their hotel.  Friday night we stopped at Longhorn for dinner on our way to the hotel to check in....yummy!  It was so much fun just hanging out, laughing and talking. 

Saturday I was spoiled with a wonderful pedicure which I forgot to take pictures of...but my toes felt and looked marvelous!!!  Then Elizabeth and Kathy got their hair done.  Josalynd surprised us with her presence so we got to spend a few hours with her!!!
( Me and my beautiful Jossy!!!)
We took a quick trip to the outlets in Dawsonville and then dinner at the Melting Pot!  Oh my was that good!  It took us about two and a half hours to eat, but goodness it was decadent!  We stayed up way late talking which was oodles of fun!

Sunday we spent with my family: 
 (Tim and I hadn't seen each other in 36 hours!  Had to get some kisses in!)
Kathy bought a banquet feast of fresh fruit, make your own subs, veggies, chips, drink and Drumsticks for dessert! The kids were in utter bliss over all the varieties of fresh fruit: pineapple, apples, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries...she spoiled them!!! It was all good though!
(Justice loved the all you can eat aspect of the meal!)
(Morgan loves having subs....without mustard!!!!  
That's something very important to our kids...no mustard!!!!)
(Max had a huge sub and went back for seconds!!!
Growing boy and all that!!!)
(Jameson loved having dip for his veggies!!!!)
(Jackson looks like he would love to be sitting somewhere else!  LOL!
Josalynd being annoying...which from the look on his face...she was accomplishing it!  LOL!)
(Holland totally loving that Drumstick!)
(Morgan loving on the Betsy girl!)
(Betsy decided she wanted to play tug-a-bone with Morgan!)
(Becca got dressed up in her prom dress and Kathy braided her hair!)
(Cutie patootie Jensen!)
(Becca dressed Thumbaleena in a baby sleeper...poor dog!)
(Princess Holly showed up in her gown and shoes!)
It was a lot of fun and the kids really enjoyed seeing "Aunties" Elizabeth and Kathy!  Sunday night there was one last spoiling for me.  Elizabeth and Kathy treated me to dinner at P.F.Changs.  Oh my goodness...what an amazing restaurant!!!  Had lettuce wraps...I can't wait to make them at home for the family!  We had a great time and stayed until after closing. We were able to talk about Mike and Gabe that night and it was lovely to remember our two loved men in our lives and the knowledge that they are abiding in Heaven together.

Monday Elizabeth wanted to meet up with a few friends for lunch...so we met them at Red Robin.  After lunch they drove me home and off they went back to Vegas.  Thank you Elizabeth and Kathy!  I love you both and pray that God richly blesses you both each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment