Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Week 2

Out of my window....it is dark.  The sun has long gone to bed.  The house is settling down for the night into quiet, peaceful, rest.

I am thinking....about  the book/devotional we are doing as a family.  "Crazy Love", by Francis Chan.   I was able to start working through this weeks homework with Johnston.  We had a wonderful discussion about what will we say when we come face to face with God.  Johnston pondered for a few minutes and then replied, "I would be speechless."  How true....what words would I speak...how could I speak upon seeing my Heavenly Father for the first time. Speechless.

I am thankful...for the way God gently brings things to my attention.  Usually through a perfectly timed devotional, a fellow blog post, a scripture from a daily reading, my hubby, one of my children, He is faithful to guide me.

In the kitchen...all is quiet.  Faint smell of freshly baked apple pie lingers teasingly.

I am wearing...grey sweatpants and a pint tshirt.  Comfy homeschooling attire!

I am creating....some new videos for my younger students to watch for school.  Tim gifted me with a new program, Corel VideoStudio Pro5.  It is a wonderful program.  We are learning to make Lego Brickfilms as well.  What fun it has been!  I look forward to watching the finished product.

I am going...to take a few of the kids to get much needed haircuts tomorrow.  We might make a day of it and add in a stop to INK, the library, grocery shopping, and possibly a visit to a park (weather permitting).

I am wondering....what we are doing this weekend.  Nothing on the calender as of yet.  

I am reading....Crazy Love by Francis Chan.  Amazing book so far...I've only read chapter one.  We purchased the small group workbook to go with it and are doing it with our oldest five children. 

I am hoping....to get back to playing the piano daily again.  I have one of our keyboards set up in my room for the kids to practice their lessons, but I would like to get back to playing myself.  I well remember how I enjoyed playing as a teen and young adult.  

I am looking forward to....starting our garden this year.  It will take many years to get it just right, but phase one will go in this year.  Each of the kids will have a private garden as well to do with the veggies as they wish.  

I am learning....to let go of people who I thought were my friends, but ended up not being what a true friend should be.  I have learned much in this area and as painful as the learning is....I am thankful that God has taught me this much needed lesson. My prayer, "Lord, please remind me to be a true friend, not scared to speak up for and into my friends lives, not to turn away from a friend just because they might stumble or make a mistake (as I have done plenty in my life).  Help me to use You as my example of a true friend.  May I not judge, but stand true."

Around the house....nothing much has happened this week.  We are digging up tree stumps...or should I say the kids have been given the challenge to dig up tree stumps in our back yard to earn some extra money.  A few of our go getter's have already started working on their stumps.  This is the next step in preparing our new pool area for this summer.  

I am pondering...on the topic of getting chickens or not getting chickens.  The thought of fresh eggs is very tempting.  Much prayer and thought is going into this project before it can become a reality.

A favorite quote for today....When we walk in the will of God, we find safety. But when we live outside of God's will, we forfeit His protection. - Stormie Omartian.  My daughter, Morgan, posted this on her Facebook wall.  

One of my favorite things....sitting on the couch after everyone has gone to bed, working quietly on my laptop, random hymns playing from our Pandora channel, and having Morgan on the other end of the couch quietly working or playing on her laptop.  Enjoying the peaceful ending of our day.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Wednesday: Haircuts, grocery shopping for end of our week, stop at the library, 1/2 price fruit slushies at Sonic.

Thursday: School, Bible Study at a friends home, Justice has his TAPP (group for young adults on the Aspergers/Autism spectrum) meeting,  Tim and Becca are going on a dinner date, working on Johnston's film project.

Friday: School, family night!!!!!  

Saturday: I HAVE NO IDEA!!!!  :)

Sunday: A day to worship, fellowship, rest, regroup for the new week!

A peek into my day...

 Johnston and Ratatouille
  Jensen and Catnip


(The kids received these two cuties for Valentine's Day and cannot stop spoiling them)

Please follow this link TSWD if you would like to read other daybooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment