Monday, February 11, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Week 1

Out my window....it is dark.  The sun has yet to peep over the horizon.  The house is covered in sleepy silence.  Hymns play quietly on a Pandora channel pipped through our tv speakers bringing a beautiful presence to the room.

I am thinking....about the plans for my day.  Tim will not be working today so we will have a "daddy day".  Readjusting my day to prepare for daddy making plans for our day.

I am thankful....for the rain that is to fall today.  We need the rain here in North Georgia.  I'm thankful that we get another day with daddy due to the rain.

In the kitchen....all is tucked away...dark and awaiting the new day.  Soon people will bustle around to get breakfast started, and wonderful smells will permeate the air.  Spills will happen, jokes will be told, school will be done, life will happen....but for now...all is quiet...peaceful.

I am wearing...my comfy clothes. Sweatpants and tshirt.  

I am creating....a new school room.  Still organizing, rearranging, purging old unused school books, making lists of things needed.  A project that is ongoing.

I am going...to get started on our day on time.  Enjoy our day with daddy home and go with the flow on how today comes about.
 
I am wondering....how things will unfold for Morgan going to Uganda sometime this year.

I am reading...nothing at the moment, but hope to stop by the Family Book Store tomorrow to pick up Crazy Love to read.  We have been watching Francis Chan's videos on youtube and are looking forward to reading this book by him.

I am hoping....that I can learn something new this week about photography and have the opportunity to get out and take some pictures with my precious kids.

I am looking forward to...celebrating Valentine's day with my children and their friends (and my friends and fellow homeschool mommas), celebrating my 14 Valentine's day with my bff Tim, and getting closer to finishing our school room.

I am learning...that God can change how we view life.  How He can help you through something and change what you see into what He sees.  I want to see my life how He sees it...my view can be pretty unkind.

Around the house....a lot has been going on since the beginning of 2013.  We are doing small projects each week.  So far in 2013 we have finished the new school room, put the first set of shelves up above the piano, purchased new rolling heavy duty shelves to organize school stuff, put new wood shelves into the boys and girls closets upstairs and reorganized them, and quite a few outdoor projects as well.  A very productive 2013!  :)

I am pondering....about changing our Math curriculum to Teaching Textbooks.  Still some praying to do...but have heard really good things about it.  Nothing wrong with our current curriculum...but I have a couple children who learn better seeing and hearing then just reading.  They are all doing very well...but is there a better way.  Maybe...so...I am pondering.

Favorite quote of the day....well since I began this post my little princess woke up to use the restroom.  When she was on her way back to her room, I quietly called her in to the living room and asked if she would rather stay up or go back to bed.  "I think I would rather be out here with you."    So she is drawing sweet pictures here beside me.  (This literally is the first thing I have heard today so it's my favorite so far! ;) )

One of my favorite things....sitting in my living room or on my bed with my older kids...ranging from 12 to 18.  Sipping on smoothies, talking about whatever comes up, laughing with them, crying with them, learning with them.....it is a blessing to have this time with them.

A few things I have planned this week:

Monday: Today...school, changing plans to whatever Tim would like to do with our day!
Tuesday: School, trip to town to get Valentine card supplies and supplies for cupcakes, possible date with my friend Veronica, Johnston's basketball awards dinner.
Wednesday: School, finishing up Valentine cards for party, work on school room, bake cupcakes, church if Tim gets home in time to take us.
Thursday: Valentine's Day!  Personal party at the YMCA, and dinner at home with my man!
Friday: School, deep clean the house, work on the school room, Family Fun Night!
Saturday:  I have no idea!  :)

A peek into my day....so far....
 Oh Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth.  ~ Psalms 8:1

(I am not sure if I am doing this correctly, but this is the link to where I got the above questions. It was a lot of fun I must say and I hope to do this again next week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment