Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day ~ 2013


We love because He first loved us. ~ 1 John 4:19

 
My Valentine's Day buddy for 14 years and counting!!!!

(Holly's Valentine)

We planned a homeschool Valentine's swim party at the YMCA. It was so much fun! Six families were able to make it...so about 30 kids all together.  The kids had a great time swimming for two hours with their friends.  We had lots of chocolate afterwards and sent the kids home with bags of goodies to sugar them up even more!!!  I loved catching up with my sweet sister-in-love Kristin who was able to come from Athens with her two children.

 (Max's Valentine)

Today was my 14th Valentine's Day with my best friend, my love, the person who makes my heart soar with happiness!  We decided instead of having a private dinner to have a special dinner with all the kids.  So we planned a perfect dinner, got all the ingredients, everyone was excited about our plans...but last night Tim came down with a bug.  Poor man. He is miserable...really miserable.  So we changed plans....once again I so proud of my kids....not one pout or complaint...they just changed gears.  Sometimes I think we are like a school of fish...just changing direction without loosing formation as we swim through life.  Happy doing whatever as long as we are doing it together.   (Of course there are plenty of times we are spread out and not together, but we do enjoy being together) 

(Becca's Valentine)

So we decided to make homemade pizza's as a treat for our dinner.  We tried a new crust which turned out perfectly.  I will post about it next time we make it...it turned out great and was SUPER easy to make.  Something our littlest of kids can make without help! We just happened to have the ingredients for pizza in our pantry so I didn't have to make an extra trip out for anything.....which I was truly grateful for!!!  The kids had so much fun making the pizza...way better then buying frozen or premade pizza crusts.  It turned out yum!

(Jensen's Valentine)

We watched Road to Avonlea the wedding episode.  We had been waiting for it  to arrive from Netflix and it came just in time for our Valentine's pizza dinner!  Perfect timing!!!!  We have really enjoyed this series.  I will be sad when it ends, but we are already discussing our next series to watch as a family.

 
(Johnston's Valentine)

I decided to give the kids tomorrow off from school so they can play in the woods to their hearts content.  It was my Valentine gift to them!  ;)  So this meant they could stay up extra late and sleep in tomorrow.   Johnston and Max went back into my bedroom to watch a movie with Tim while Becca, Morgan, and I watched Emma.  I know our movie was better because Tim and Max ended up falling asleep!  We loved Emma!!!  Becca has begged me to find another one similar to watch tomorrow night after all the littles are tucked into bed.  I'm thinking Pride and Prejudice maybe....

 
 (Davidson's Valentine)

I wanted to work with my camera and editing program a little this week so I thought it would be fun to make some Valentine cards.  I think they turned out really nicely.  It helps having cute subjects to work with.  I am thankful for such nice weather Tuesday.  I let each of the kids help me design their own cards which was an added blessing having some one on one time with each of them.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment