Monday, June 10, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window...the sky is pale blue as the sun is making it's appearance over the trees.  A small slight breeze is blowing and stirring the very tops of the trees, but all else is still.

I am thinking...of the very long list of things I need to accomplish this week.  Very long indeed.  Maybe I will put it out of my mind for just a bit.  ;)

I am thankful...for Sundays.  For a day to nap, sit and read, play games, build with Lego's, or do whatever ones heart desires.  I love the day to just relax and unwind before the new weeks is upon us.

In the kitchen...the smell of Tim and Max's breakfast is still lingering.  Amazing how it can take 30 minutes to make a meal for these men and only 5 minutes to throw it in as they rush out of the house this early morning.  

I am wearing...the same as every early morning.  Comfy grey sweats and light blue tshirt.  Comfy, comfy, comfy!

I am creating...a new video for Becca.  I was able to take 16 YouTube clips and put them all together into one smooth video for her to watch and practice her dancing.  It was my first time using Corel VideoStudio for this type of project, but it turned out great!  She was very happy with it and requested a few more so I am working on her next one. 

I am going...to hopefully get out of the house at some point today and take a few of the kids to get their hair cut.  Becca has been faithfully growing her hair out and is asking for a little style cut.  Jensen is needing his "Bieber" hair to be trimmed.  :)

I am wondering...oh....so....much.  With all I have to do this week...I'm wondering if I might not want to lock myself in my room and just come out next Monday.  Wondering if I could actually get away with that?  No.  I didn't think so.  

I am reading...Winnie the Pooh series with Jensen, Jameson, and Holly and The Hunger Games with the older kids.  

I am hoping...I can get through my major project of this week....Summer Clothing Switchout!!!!  That's just one of the things on my plate this week...but it's a doozy!  It usually takes us two weeks to accomplish this...I'm praying we can get it done in one.  (Any prayers you want to send my way I will gladly accept!)

I am looking forward to...celebrating Father's Day this weekend!!!!!!  Love hearing the kids plans for him and what they want to do to surprise him!

I am learning...that having Christ like love for people can be a big job sometimes.  Learning to love like He does, to have that unconditional, ungrudging, compassionate love.  It is something I am daily dying to my selfishness and learning to love like He does.

Around the house...Becca is downstairs doing her Math on one of the computers while Justice just finished walking Beethoven (Morgan's dog).  The rest of the kiddos along with three extras are still asleep, but soon I will start hearing the doors opening and shutting as one by one the groggy eyed critters will emerge from their caves to snuggle up in heaps with blankets drug from their beds. 

I am pondering...after an all nighter with Becca I am a little foggy and trying my best not to ponder!  ;)

 A favorite quote for today..."Which side should I put my tattoo on?"  blank look from me to Becca...after pause...."Your right mom...I need two....one on each side! Thanks!"  as she prances from the room to apply said tattoos to BOTH sides.  This is what happens when Becca stays up all night! ;)  I'm still trying to figure out where the tattoo thingies came from.  (I asked Becca and she said a church slumber party she went to this past weekend.)

One of my favorite things...is watching Becca putting together a new dance.  She has been working on a dance this past week to the song "Breakthrough" by Britt Nicole.  It has a hip hop flare to it which is new for her so I'm excited to see the finished work.

 A few plans for the rest of the week:

Monday:  Light school (Math and English only), summer clothing exchange, haircuts, date night with Tim!
Tuesday: Light school, summer clothing exchange continues, lunch with the older girls and Jasmine to work on their girls conference, Date night (Tim and the older boys)(me and the older girls)
Wednesday: Light school, summer clothing exchange continues. dance practice for Becca and her friends, youth at church
Thursday: Light school, sigh...I wish it was done...but...summer clothing exchange, working on girls conference, Tim's date night with the youngest four Jeffries
Friday: Free day for all the kids, girls conference starts
Saturday: Girls conference all day, guys cooking for all at the conference
Sunday: FATHER'S DAY!!!!!

A peek into my day...
Jameson and Holly snugging under Jameson's blanket.

  Please follow this link TSWD if you would like to read other daybooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment