Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Today was.....

....that kind of day.  Perfection.  Truly.  You know what that kind of day looks like right?  Everything just goes....perfectly.

From the moment everyone wakes up until everyone goes to bed.  Beautifully perfect.  It just simply was one of those days.
 
Jensen played a new song he learned today for me.  He's really enjoying guitar and he's getting so good!  He loves dancing, singing, and playing any instrument he can get his hands on.  :)


He was pretty excited to have a jam session with Morgan who taught him some new stuff on the guitar.  :)  I have a feeling he will doing this daily with her until she heads back to Uganda.

Morgan even had time to pick on....um...snuggle Aurora!

One of the kids favorite things to do every day is make popcorn to munch on while we listen to our current audiobook.  We bought a 50 pound bag of kernels at Sam's awhile back and with air poppers it's an easy snack for them to make on their own.  They've created some interesting flavors.  Today they did olive oil and Parmesan cheese.  One of their overall favorites!  I would have to say the grossest most interesting flavor I've seen so far is pickle juice. :/  

We broke out a new puzzle I bought a couple weeks back.  This is actually our first puzzle we've done.  Well, except for those 24, 48 or 100 piece little kids ones...this was our first big puzzle.  I figured I would start with a 300 piece one since we've never done one this size.  While it was challenging having 8 people crowded around it....we did work well together...no frustration towards each other....and we finished it in about 2 hours.  It was fun!  I will be getting another one for sure, but the kids said they don't mind if I don't hurry...lol...puzzles might not be our thing.

So many things done today and I enjoyed every bit of it with this crazy crew!

3 comments:

  1. I would love to hear Jensen play the guitar... may you can capture him on video and post it on FB for me ;-)

    When is Morgan heading back to Uganda?

    Aurora looks so loving and patient! :-)

    Great team work on the puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzie! I will send you a video tomorrow! He is doing so well! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love doing puzzles. Especially at the beginning of a new school year. I think I become overwhelmed with all the things that need to be done. Puzzles help me put order to my mind.

    ReplyDelete