Saturday, August 30, 2008

Where have all the merry-go-rounds gone?

I can’t even remember how long it has been since I’ve seen a merry-go-round at a park.  They are a thing of the past  that is sadly becoming extinct.  Tim and I long to have our boys experience the wonderful experiences of our childhood.  Rollerskating, midnight sledding, sailing, dirt biking, the list is very long.  One of these experiences from my list is riding on a merry-go-round.  A simple thing I know, but how much fun is the thrill of a marry-go-round spinning so fast you can’t stand up.  Laying on your back and watching the sky swirl around.  Giggling as your little body is pulled outward by centrifugal force.  Hanging on as if your life depends on it.
Today Tim decided to take us to a park for a picnic.  We decided to try a park in a neighboring town for something new.  Look what we found!
Johnston just couldn’t get the right speed up, but he sure was trying. 
Daddy took over….
….then jumped on for a ride!
Daddies can get a merry-go-round spinning nice and fast.
The boys thought the merry-go-round was great fun and I am so glad they experienced this simple childhood pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment