Thursday, November 15, 2007

A visit with Daddy & paper airplanes

Tim was able to meet us last night after church for dinner at Golden Corral.  It was so nice seeing him midweek.  Even though the boys were tired beyond belief they were excited to see daddy.  We ate and talked, talked and ate until finally Jameson was in silent tears from being tired and Johnston had made himself a pillow out of napkins.

Even though it was hard to let Tim return to Georgia Tech after dinner I reminded myself that this semester is over in 4 weeks.  It seems like years ago that we started this college journey, yet it’s only been three semesters.  I’m so proud of him for having the courage to return to school 20 years later and the sacrifice of being away from us each week.  We are all going to cherish the days when he is out of school and with us each day!
Before we pulled out last night Tim took a few minutes to teach Johnston how to make paper airplanes.  Johnston was over the moon.  He had been trying to make them for days.  What fun we had this morning having airplane races before school.  We are going to try racing them from over the half wall upstairs tonight.  Johnston’s creative juices are definitely flowing now!

Good news: Tim’s sister Kristin and her family are going to be in Georgia for the month of January.  They realized a summer visit would be out of the question due to the cost of tickets from China to the States during the Olympics.  We are excited beyond words.  Johnston can’t wait to play with his Hannah and Jameson and John will be old enough to be great buddies this year!

We started lapbooking yesterday!   I have been looking into it and reading everything I can for the past few months and we finally just did it.  Our topic is Amphibians!  I can’t wait to see the end result.  I’ve already got a list of ideas for future lapbook topics!  I might be enjoying it more then the boys, but hopefully my enthusiasm will be contagious! 

Last night I finally made it to the Tyson plant.  You go into this room that has enough room for two people to stand.  There is a dry erase board on the wall with what they have in stock for the night.  Cash only!  They didn’t have the boneless, skinless chicken thighs that I wanted so I got 33 pounds of leg quarters for $10.00 and 20 pounds of boneless,skinless chicken breasts for $25.00.  I am hooked! 

No comments:

Post a Comment