Friday, January 17, 2014

2014!

2014!  2013 is gone...loaded into our memory banks! We have entered 2014 with an eagerness that is contagious.  New adventures to be had by us all.  New lessons to learn.  New family dynamics. This might be the year more adult children venture off into their current destiny.  The year my teens step out more independently.  The year my youngest four advance in many new areas.  Just so much to accomplish and look forward to in this fresh new year. 

To me a new year is like a new journal.  Fresh pages awaiting your thoughts, emotions, prayers, desires, adventures, etc.  We wasted no time in putting 2014 memory making to good use.  Lots of special things have happened and I've just not taken the time to journal as I wish.  Pictures are stored in my camera and computer waiting to be written about, but I just don't know if I will ever get to them all.  So for now...I just write what I can and what doesn't get written will have to remain unwritten.
 
2014: 
~ So far we have had two...yes...two car accidents.  One major one that was not our fault and one extremely minor fender bump that was our fault.  
~ Tim has gotten a major promotion and is looking forward to actually working as a civil engineer from here on out.  
~ We have been growing so much as we hit the half way mark on an annual fast as a family.  
~ Davidson turned 12 and we had an absolute blast making it his best birthday EVER!  (He says his 10th was 2nd best) 
~ Morgan purchased took the final step and purchased her ticket for Uganda today.  
~ An all day hiking expedition to the gorge in North Georgia.  
~We cleaned out the ENTIRE attic and donated 50% of what was up their.  Tim put more shelves and organizing things up there and everything is tucked away until our annual Summer clothing change out.
~We have been going through many boxes/closets/bags in our house and downsizing by 50%.  It has felt wonderful getting rid of so much stuff that we just do not need or use.  There is much to do still...but it has been a steady progression. I'm so happy the kids have been as aggressive in this change as I have been.  
~ Lots of outdoor adventuring has happened.  Muddy kids here and there and EVERYWHERE!  They have enjoyed the creek in the back yard and more often then not come inside cold and wet!
I could go on, but all in all it's been a great start to a new year.  

Lots of changes in the Jeffries house.  Taking our lives to a new level.  God has some pretty amazing things in store for each person in our home and I look forward to seeing what they are!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to be getting back to reading some blogs... I have missed so much but I'm happy to be able to read about it and catch up. Love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete