Saturday, September 28, 2013

Weekend at Grandmas!

Johnston was up, showered, and ready to go this morning.  Today was the start of his weekend with Grandma.  (Tim's mom, Jean. ♥)  She loves having the kids over and they LOVE spending time with her as well.  Birthday's are a great time to celebrate each of them one on one.  :)


Johnston will always hold a special place in this grandma's heart.  Johnston happens to be the first grandchild she had. (He was #7 for my parents.)  After to many years of believing she would never hold the honored title of Grandma he came into our lives.  Many grandchildren came after him.  Two special ones via Tim's sister, Kristin and 11 more amazing grandchildren that God blessed us with via the blessing called adoption. 


He called us to tell us goodnight and to fill us in on the fun they had gotten into.  He spent his birthday money on some Lego sets he had been wanting, ate at Cracker Barrel, and settled down with Grandma to build his new Hobbit Lego set while watching The Hobbit with her.  

He informed me that they are going to an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast at Jean's church in the morning.  Those are words that excite my kids.  All.  You.  Can.  Eat.  Besides Legos and No School Today...All-You-Can-Eat might just be their favorite words to ever hear!  ;) 


I am so blessed to have great grandparents involved in my children's lives.  As an adult I have no memories of my mom's parents and barely any of my dad's.  I love that my kid's will have amazing stories and memories of their time with Tim's and my parents to pass on to their children some day.  ♥

1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful to make memories with grandparents! So glad you live close enough to Tim's Mom to do this!

    ReplyDelete