Sunday, January 2, 2011

First Sunday of 2011

2011 is off to a wonderful start!  After staying up way to late with Jackson to watch Austin Powers 1 and 2 I slept through my alarm, so it was a little rushed this morning, but we made it with 10 minutes to spare.  I really don't like to be late...much rather be early.  Today we were able to have the pleasure of listening to Perry Stone at church.  Wonderful message!  Can't wait to hear from him again.  Great service to start the year on.

After church we got home and had lunch.  The littles went to play in the girls room with the doll house.  All the school age kids up gathered in our living room to have our first family talk of 2011.  It was great.  We made "bucket lists" for 2011.  The kids came up with great lists full of more hiking, biking, camping and family time then we had in 2010.  It was a lot of fun and great to see what everyone came up with.  After that we talked about our fast that we are starting tomorrow.  The kids all told us what they had chosen to give up for the month of January.  It was so touching to see that the kids really chose things that were big sacrifices for them.

Tim took the kids on their first mountain bike ride after we were done talking.

They got bikes for Christmas and have enjoyed taking trips daily.  Thursday they were gone for over three hours!  Tim took them on a new trail today and they came back covered in mud.
They loved it!  Johnston however won't be hitting the mud trails anymore.  He got a BMX trick bike and it is not trail worthy...but he can go on any of the other biking trips that are on non muddy trails.  We will be looking for a used mountain bike for him to use for the future muddy rides.

Tonight Morgan and I met up with our group of friends for my girl Erin's birthday party.

It was FUN!  We laughed, talked and even cried.  I am just so amazed that God brought such a wonderful person into my life.  She is an amazing friend and I just totally adore her and her family.

We had a wonderful dinner at Mellow Mushroom.  I've never been, but was very impressed with the food.  Morgan had a BLT hoagie and I had a Mediterranean hoagie.  Anything that has mushrooms, feta, red onions, avacado...YUMMO!
 After dinner Morgan and I went with a group of ladies to see Little Fockers.  It was hilarious!  I have to say I can't see them doing anymore in the trilogy.  I think they've taken it as far as they can.  It was very good though and we laughed even more.

Got home and Tim was asleep on the couch so Justice, Morgan and I sat down to watch a couple episodes of Psych.  Good ending to a GREAT Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment