Monday, June 28, 2010

Date night!

Tim and I have always loved date nights. Date night for us usually consisted of dinner and a movie in front of the tv. Sometimes we would sit in the living room with dinner or other times relax in bed with dessert. It's something we've done and loved our entire married life. Once in a while we would drop our boys off at grandmas for the day so we could go out in the real world, but we really are homebodies and love our time together at night. Nineteen months ago our lives turned a major corner with the arrival of 10 extra people into our home and we found our date nights thrown not even to the back burner, but underneath the stove. We tried to still stick to date nights, but they were rarely alone. So this past month we've realized our lives even though still chaotic are stable enough that we can now slip away without worry. So I was very excited when Tim came home after lunch and told me we were going out. Dinner was in the crockpots, school was done, it was nap time for all the littles, all was well enough to leave. It was fantabulous! He took me to a wonderful dinner at Olive Garden, then treated me to a movie (Prince of Persia...we will def being purchasing it!), then we walked around Hobby Lobby looking at all kinds of cool things before we finally left with only the rocket launchers and model glue for Tim and the boys rockets, and to end the date we had Brusters!
 

I can't even begin to be say how thankful I am for this man that God brought into my life. He is an amazing husband and a fabulous father. I am blessed, so very blessed! 

1 comment:

  1. Treasure every moment together... even those times that you dont agree... I miss my best friend and husband!

    ReplyDelete